- Hard-boiled eggs
- Shaving cream ($5, amazon.com)
- Food coloring ($3 for set of 4, amazon.com)
- Baking sheet ($6, amazon.com)
- Rubber spatula ($7 for set of 3, amazon.com)
- Toothpicks ($5 for 250, amazon.com)
- Paper towels ($5 for 6 rolls, amazon.com)
- Rubber gloves ($5 for 2 pairs, amazon.com)
- Fill your baking sheet with shaving cream until it’s about an inch thick, then smooth it out with a rubber spatula.
- Drip food coloring onto the shaving cream. Don’t be afraid to be generous with the colors — the more you use, the brighter your eggs will be.
- Use a toothpick to swirl and marble your food coloring droplets.
- Pick up a hard-boiled egg — put on your gloves for this step! — and roll it in the shaving cream, coating it completely.
- Carefully place the egg onto a paper towel and let it dry for about 20 minutes.
- Wipe the shaving cream off with a clean paper towel to reveal your colorful marbled pattern.