Do you want to know more about skin icing? Do you want to find out how this chilly facial beautifies your skin? Read on below to find out more about this popular morning and evening ritual and its benefits.
1. Glowing Skin
When applied to skin, ice cubes help in the blood circulation which gives your skin a healthy natural glow. To give your skin a more radiant glow you can use ice fruit cubes to apply to your face.
2. Reduces Blemishes
Ice cubes can help reduce the inflammation and redness of pimples and blemishes. You can directly apply the ice cubes on your acne for a few seconds until it becomes numb and this can be done every other day at night.
3. Dark Circle Treatment
A combination of cucumber juice and rose water when frozen can be use under your eye circles. This will help reduce the puffiness as a result of your late night activities.
4. Skin Toner
Ice cubes is an inexpensive skin smoother or toner. You can use this before applying makeup as the pores underneath the makeup are minimized which leaves your foundation smooth and flawless.
5. Makeup Substitute
Don’t have time to put on makeup? Then applying ice cubes using a cloth wrap can help you get the radiant and fresh look without the traces of makeup. Go for that all natural look!
6. Prevents Wrinkles
Icing slows the appearance of wrinkles and ease the signs of aging.
Important Tips to Remember About Skin Icing:
1. Skin icing is done without using cloth wrap but always remember to wear gloves so you can hold the ice properly.
2. Using wash cloth or cloth wrap to apply ice on your skin will have the same effect as when you apply ice directly on your face.
3. Extreme cold can break the capillaries under the skin so don’t apply the ice straight from the freezer if you use a bare ice cube.
4. You also don’t want to use bare ice on the skin that already has broken capillaries or use the ice too long.
5. If the cold becomes too uncomfortable, stop . Avoid icing one area for more than 15 minutes.
6. You can opt to fill the water for the ice cubes with rosewater, lemon, green tea, chamomile tea, cucumber and other skin friendly ingredients depending on your skin care needs.